Saturday, August 18, 2012

Today in Amsterdam ...

Today I don't feel as ugly as I did. ... In high school gym showers I crouched in shame like Adam in the garden, but this morning in Amsterdam I was ten foot tall on a movie screen staring down at myself in the back row. ... Today in Amsterdam they taught me how to wear my body. Today in Amsterdam I learned that even if it's ugly, man, you gotta wear it like a gown.  (Passing Strange)


Today with MaxEarnest I went swimming in a river without shame. I saw women my size (and larger) in bikinis enjoying themselves and MaxEarnest kissed me and I felt such joy.  We kissed and kissed and kissed in the water, as he held me and I floated weightless.

Today with MaxEarnest I biked, in my swimsuit because I wasn't ashamed.  Later,  he asked if I wanted ice-cream, I said yes, and enjoyed it so much more, without shame.

What is it about MaxEarnest and Europe that has released me from so much shame?  I feel whole. Lovable. Complete.  Today with MaxEarnest.

No comments: