Thursday, February 13, 2014

Four Eyes....

I got glasses.  I was doing OK without them, but I'd be reading stuff with smaller font and my eyes would get tired.  It turns out I have really blurry vision in one eye and my other eye was doing all the work.  And I have to say, the font in the world is getting smaller all the time.  (It really is--a friend asked me to look at a cover letter on her phone--the entire piece of paper was on her phone and she couldn't make it bigger--who can read things that small easily?  I could make it out, but just barely and it was all I could do to read it--I couldn't think about what she had to say, but that didn't occur to her.)

Two weird things.  The first is that I feel SO much taller in these things!  I had always pictured myself as short, but I'm not really.  (I'm 5'5", which is taller than average.)  But somehow, my vision made me think the world was much taller and I was much shorter in comparison.  So on that level, it is good!

But, I think it makes me less immediately attractive. I'm pretty photogenic for me.  I'm no model, but I photograph well.  "Dotty" is probably more conventionally attractive than I am, but I look cuter in photos than she does.  It is weird.  So I'm used to men that I'm willing to send my photo to on CM liking what they see.

The last 3 times I've sent a picture, the guy has just disappeared.  Nothing.  This has only happened once before that I can remember and now it is has happened to all 3 guys since I got glasses.  Maybe I need some better pictures in glasses.  Obviously, I have pictures where I look really good and pictures I look OK, but I thought my glasses picture was cute and all 3 men have pulled a Houdini. 

I'm not sure how much I'm going to wear glasses, but I think it will be all the time.  The transition from having them on to not wearing them is hard for me (as is vice-versa).  So if I'm going to be wearing glasses much of the time, then I would think I need to show anyone I might date what I look like in glasses.  Or maybe that isn't what people do?  I don't know. 

No comments: