Monday, October 4, 2010

Dreams

I had this really intense dream about John last night.

He was in a hospital and I crawled into bed with him. He was hooked up to machines that were I guess like dialysis, or something, to take the strain off his heart and he was worried about me and wanted to hook my up to the machine so I could have a break from having to clean and oxygenate my own blood. And I started fighting with him that he needed it, and I could do it myself, but he kept insisting that this was something he could do for me, that he wanted to take care of me so I could have a break.

I don't usually put much stock in dreams, but this one stayed with me all day. I can't seem to shake it. I feel guilty for him giving me something in my dream that he couldn't afford to give me. I wish I knew what it means. It's been disorienting today, but intellectually, I don't think I should feel like I've done something wrong.

No comments: