Saturday, December 6, 2008

Compromises and Disclosure

So I'm really enjoying getting to know Zachary. He reminds me of John in that we connect over the stuff that matters.

But. He has said bluntly he had no intention of every having kids. And I just don't know if I want kids, but I also know I don't want to say never. I guess that means I'm sort of leaning towards wanting them.

Should I just say "eh--I don't want to waste your time?" Later, when talking about apartments, I said "well, my current place is big enough unless I end up having kids" so I guess that let's him know that it is an open issue for me.

Oh, and we've never discussed kink of any kind. My add says "GGG" and he looked it up and said "absolutely." But he's clearly less kinky than me. And there are times I've had to dance around it. Like when we talked about my relationship with feminism and how I'm a 'bad' feminist. I never really explained the most obvious way I'm a bad feminist. I didn't lie, per se. But it did feel like I dissembled.


I just don't want to go there right now. I don't want to define and limit. Especially when I don't even know who I am.

Finally, and this troubles me, he isn't remember some of the details I've told him. We're having amazing conversations, but then he'll forget really simple stuff (like what neighborhood I live in). I have to think, if he were really 'that into me,' he'd remember where I live. Especially since I had reluctance in pinning down a neighborhood.

No comments: