Saturday, January 22, 2011

Both Sides Now

So this guy I've occasionally chatted with became rather smitten with me. There's just one major catch--he moved to India for a job. And he wanted me to agree to not see other people, and he'd never even sent me a photo.

I found the whole thing really bizarre. He seemed o mistake my politeness (and he seemed really lonely in India, which I totally get) for adoring him. I really had no sense of who he was--just a lonely guy in India who occasionally thought he could read my thoughts, but really couldn't.

I wonder to what extent my desire for a commitment has felt like that to the men I've been involved with. (Granted, my desire for commitment usually is articulated somewhere between oral sex and able-to-get-me-pregnant sex.) But it just seemed like 2 completely different worlds!

No comments: