Friday, June 24, 2011

Drama

So David finally texted me. When he was with his lawyer. He got arrested for drunk driving.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

The thing is, I biked drunk a couple of weeks ago, and I knew I was probably over the legal blood limit, so I was careful and nothing bad happened.

But drunk biking isn't illegal.

When I got together with the ex, he was on probation for marijuana possession with an intent to sell charges. (He didn't sell, he just bought a lot at a time because it was easier that way, and he smoked a lot.) The marijuana was an issue with us. Not as much an issue as the gambling, but it was a sense of how differently we view the world.

But David had 2 drinks in a bar and drove home. I would have done something like that. I would have said "1 drink an hour, it's been 2 hours, I'm fine." Evidently, he was driving safe, but there was a checkpoint.

He has a lot of drama in his life. Unlike this, most of it does not seem of his own making. This was stupid.

But I really like him. I really do. And so I think I'm still in. Honestly, my whole body got happier after he texted me, because there was a reason he'd disappeared. I wish there was a little less drama. But I think I'd rather be with him, with his drama, than only without any.

No comments: