Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Great Houdini

So I really thought David was the real deal. And I was willing to make a couple of major compromises to be with him. (Distance and his child having autism.)
But, and this isn't the first time, he just disappears on me, and I really hate it.
We were supposed to get together tonight, and he's MIA. I had a bad day yesterday, I think partly because I had this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that he was disappearing.
I don't understand why men do this! If he can't get child care, fine, tell me. Don't just disappear. I hate it and I feel like I was stupid to ever trust him and maybe I'm over-reacting because I haven't gotten proper sleep for a week and I have all these cuts from a stupid yard accident yesterday (I fell out of a low tree I was pruning--my ego is as damaged as my legs). I also think John's extremeness about being with me and then forgetting talking about whether we should get married and borrowing my ring exacerbates my sensitivity to this. Maybe David will call this afternoon, sorry that he left his cell phone at work. But in the meanwhile, I want to curl up and cry instead of getting out for work.
But why do men just disappear like this?

No comments: