Friday, November 4, 2011

Negotiations

So the guy I'm seeing tomorrow night, whom I also saw last week, sent me directions for tomorrow, and I was like "yeah, so not ready."

But I talked to him about them, and that actually worked quite well.  This whole saying what I'm thinking and feeling seems to work with him.

I don't think I'd look up to him.  He seems very much an equal. We are actually in similar fields, but I'm more successful in our field, so he works part-time in our field and part-time in a 2nd field.  He plays a lot of poker, which I'm really not comfortable with.

It's if funny--I really did feel like Bobby was wiser than me.  Aside from the fact that I thought he was doing something that was soul-numbing.  Poker isn't quite as soul-numbing as my perception of what Bobby was doing, and yet I see him more as an equal.  I don't really know why that is happening.  I think it is because Bobby was quite open about feelings and introspective stuff and this guy is more part of the mainstream of America.  He doesn't talk about his feelings.  He watches TV and follows sports and plays poker, which is all stuff that I tacitly look down on.  But he doesn't seem as addicted to poker as the 'ex' was.  And maybe feeling equals would be a good thing.  Or maybe, I'm just aching for someone to spank me on my birthday next weekend and that would be the third date, so....

No comments: