Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Overwhelmed

I generally have a rule that I try not to have more than 3 dates in a week.  I just feel like I get overwhelmed.  I had 5 last week and 5 this.

I'm literally thinking I might have to make a sheet of everyone I'm talking to.  It came to a head today when I agreed to a date with one guy when I thought I was talking with a different guy.  (One is Greg, one is Craig and I thought I was talking to Craig, not Greg.  I think I wanted to have lunch with Greg, but I would have put him off till next week because we haven't been planning on something.  Now I have both a lunch and a dinner date for Friday, and I'm exhausted!

But I suppose this all is "good problems to have."  One of them is a second date, and, shockingly, on the first date he said he wanted to see me again and I said only if he asked me more questions.  He said "I have this flaw around beautiful women--I talk too much.  And you are very beautiful."  And then he proceeded to ask me some questions about me.  It was sweet and also good that I actually seem to be getting more of a backbone! If we make it to a 3rd date, I'll give him a nom-de-blog.

It seems like the more of a backbone I have, the more attractive men see me.  I had a woman at work say something really bitchy to me yesterday and it totally cut into me.  Much more than I'd care to admit.  (We had Halloween candy at work and I had 2 small pieces--super small, not even the 'fun size'--like the minis.  She said "you shouldn't be eating candy" and I waited till no one was around and asked her to not comment on my food because this is not the first time she has criticized my food.  I said "I am going to have a couple of pieces of candy on Halloween, or else I'll feel deprived" and she said "Overweight people are not deprived."  She is the only person in my life who treats me like that.  She's like 70 and probably weighs more than I do.  I know this is about her and not me.  But it still really hurt my bubbliness.  But I seem to have bounced back today.  But I do wonder at both the amount of male attention I'm getting and how much I appreciate it!

No comments: