Sunday, October 2, 2011

Company

Interestingly, the twit from yesterday asked to take me out to one of the fancier restaurants in town.  I told him no, but it is nice to realize that I can set limits with men in general and not have them immediately say "oh, she's too high maintenance."  But I felt like the twit from yesterday would have been really toxic to my private girl.  She doesn't handle criticism well, and when I'm in that submissive space, any criticism just makes me recoil (and praise just makes me blossom.)

Meanwhile I had a date with a guy today (also from alt.com--I think that may be enough of that experiment) who strongly reminded me of movie star.  Unfortunately, it was Gollum.  Not his hair, but his facial features, his teeth.  His pictures had to have been at least 15 years old, maybe older.  He walked with a cane and looked older than my father.  And he smelled badly.  And he bragged about cheating on his taxes.  

I do have a date with a vanilla guy on Tuesday, whom, I have to say, has managed to intrigue me.  I don't think he's all that vanilla (even though we met on OK Cupid--they let you see answers to questions and he clearly has a dom/kink interest in there), and he wants to teach me to tango and wants me to teach him West Coast Swing, but I don't think I can teach WCS.  I'm not that good at it, and the guy's part is so different.  I could teach him hustle or East Coast Swing.

But, we have a lot of political things in common and he is currently reading one of my favorite authors.  My friends joke that I act like a Mormon when it comes to Robin Hobbs, giving everyone Ship of Magic and pushing all of her books.  It is fun to find a guy who is reading the same thing.  He's a lawyer, and I've tended to click well with lawyers.  I don't know that he wants more kids--he has a 3 year old daughter (and has been divorced for a year).  It could be fun to date a 'vanilla' guy who doesn't know my kink cards.  He was more open about his than I am about mine, but I'm pretty darn sure we're complementary kinked. 

Other news:  Tae Kwon Do is way to S&M-y for me.  A guy told me I had to move because I was a lower ranked belt and I don't really like being punched or kicked.  I think Tai Chi is much more of my thing.  Give me the modern dance version of a martial art!

And I do have to say, I think I've been looking pretty cute lately!

But truth be told, I still miss and think of Bobby.  I have this present I was going to give him for his birthday and don't know what the heck to do with it (it is not returnable) and I just really thought I recognized in him a kindred spirit.  I haven't met that many.  I thought he was something special.  Which he was.  And I thought he thought I was something special.  Which I think he did on one level, but not enough to try and be open to romantic possibilities.  Sometimes, I guess, we just meet kindred spirits when we aren't ready for them.  I hate trying to do the right, mature thing.  When I see a star every night, I wish on it.  I've been carefully editing my wishes.

No comments: