Sunday, September 25, 2011

Make-up

I'm meeting a new guy this afternoon.  I might like him (we had a good hour-long phone conversation).

I want to make a good impression, but I'm seriously considering not wearing make-up. When I met Bobby, I had hardly any on (because it was after I'd been driving a few hours and I thought I'd look fresher without it--I've never done that before).

I know for a fact, I look better with make-up.  I also know that make-up changes my personality just a little bit.  I can feel it on my face.  It makes me more self-conscious. A little more vulnerable.  Less confident and spontaneous.  I think I turn more into what a 'lady' should be, and less the woman I am.  I giggle, rather than laughing from my belly.

I only ever wear it when I'm dating.

I wonder what my dating would be like if I didn't try and be what I thought they wanted.  I wonder if I have the courage to just be me.

No comments: