Monday, February 6, 2012

Lucky.

I miss Maxearnest!  We talked this morning for like half an hour, but that was it!  (Granted, that was it because of my work schedule and the dang time difference--9 hours is a lot!)  But I'm shocked how much I miss him!

I feel really lucky--we just fit together really well.  Somehow, he has affirmed me, just the way I am.  (And yes, I know he'll read this.  And the fact that I can write something like that here, and know he'll read it, and that is OK, is lovely.)

I called my dad this weekend, for the first time in a long time (since I left at Christmas).  And I'm still really frustrated with where he is.  But until recently, it felt like I couldn't ask the world to treat me better than my dad had.  And I don't feel that way any more.  I feel like something has shifted for me.

I really, really hope we like each other when we meet.  I hope it is a magical, magical weekend in Iceland.  Maybe we'll even melt it a little.  

No comments: