Saturday, February 25, 2012

MaxEarnest's Young Girl

I had a weird dream last night.  I try not to blog about dreams, but this one seems worthy of mention.

Maxearnest and I check into a hotel and his young girl is with us.  She is about 12, which, incidentally, is about the age that I feel like is my submissive young girl side.  In the dream, however, she is a really separate person.

So the girl gets her own room and invites some friends over and Maxearnest and I go to our room.  The next day, I go by and check on the girl and she has completely remodeled her hotel room.  She and her friends added a window on a second wall.  They've added a second floor.  This is the logic of dreams where, instead of just sawing through the wall into someone else's room, it actually has made their shoe-box sized hotel room much bigger and nicer.  But I am freaking out.  I think they've probably done about twenty-thousand dollars worth of damage.  In addition to the walls, they've taken up the carpet and put in a hardwood floor.  They've added more plumbing.  It is amazing what three 12-year-olds can do with some power tools and a few hours in a dream.  I'm really freaking out and I get Maxearnest.

He sits his girl down and asks what she's done and why.  He doesn't get furious.  He doesn't tell her to obey all the rules society says.  And then, in the dream, I become her (ooh--what a surprise ending) and he and I figure out a way that it will work out, because the room is actually much nicer now, so the hotel won't be mad.  And in the dream, everything works out.  Young girl gets to be creative and implement her dreams.

This dream was so freeing for me.  I think a Jungian would notice that the 'me' in the dream is very focused on following the rules and the young girl completely remakes the box.  The me casts first Maxearnest and then the hotel as the strict, punishing figure, and Maxearnest comes around and says "it is beautiful.  We'll make it work."  Maxearnest in the dream (and in real life) wants me to obey him (and there really isn't any doubt there) but he also wants me to be creative and feel free to try anything I want.  (Of course, anything I want, at least so far, has always included obeying him and wanting to please him.  But when I was thinking about leaving for a few weeks this summer, he wanted to support me in that as well.)

I can see why my young girl side is so joyous with him!

No comments: