Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"Playing" hard to get

So here's what I notice:

When I'm less interested in a guy I do the things I try to keep myself from doing too much, like asking if he is open to more kids.  If I'm really into a guy, I hold that info closer to my chest.

I'm totally needy with Nate.  I send him saucy e-mails and I'm kind of trying to get him to take just a little more control with me.  He probably thinks I'm really into him.  I really want to be into him.

With my dad, on the other hand, I play hard to get.  I know that he likes me better if he doesn't see me all the time (although the not-talking-to-him-for-6-weeks is a little harder to get than I usually play).  If I thought that Bobby and I had a chance, I'd play hard to get.  (I still wish we did, but that is a brain versus heart sort of thing.  Brain is smart.  Heart doesn't work that way.  But Nate and I will probably sleep together in January and then, hopefully, I will cut my little attraction to Bobby out of my heart for good.  Something I can laugh at.  I hope.)

It seems odd, but I suppose it is proof to how much I tend to trust my brain over my heart.

No comments: